App Developers???

App Developers???

Postby CMcKnight » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:59 pm

Anyone know who is building these apps? Ever seen them ride? Just wondering if they are real riders.

C.
CMcKnight

Re: App Developers???

Postby BMXJeff » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:14 pm

I understand. It's a good question. I developed this app with help in coding, but not in content. I rode, edited, designed, narrated, and drew / animated the bike for the terms and headset assembly. Tyler Anderson did some camera work, Will Chilcutt is the Xcode man, and an old friend (Shawn Burnham) is helping develop a new Flatland and Park app.

Here is a link to a video that Shawn put together years ago with us in it. www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkDJScAGw6w

We just think that these "How to's" in our sport are not what they should be, so we're putting out the best tools we can for learning to ride. We have a lot of industry support that will show soon.

Thanks for the question,

BMXJeff
BMXJeff

Postby BMXler » Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:04 am

Wait is the update with park and flatland going to be separate apps or part of this app in a new update?
BMXler

Postby BMXJeff » Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:09 pm

BMXler,
While we will still add videos and content to the current app, the flatland and street apps need to be separate apps. That is our thinking now. It could change. We are thinking through Apples application size contraints and all the videos we are adding. If we put it all in one app we will have to overly compress the videos.

Please give us your ideas of how you would like to see apps or the app managed.

BMX Jeff
BMXJeff

Postby BMXler » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:19 pm

Well I'm not sure but if it does come in a different app I don't really want to sPend all that money again on an other app so maybe you can send out a free app to
People with accounts thanks. I will pay If I really need to
BMXler

Postby deFiniteOG » Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:36 am

@BMXler. Understand looking at the product before you buy it...Follow us, we've been riding for probably as long as you've been alive. Send us footage of yourself and we'll see what we can do to help you learn. Ride on...
deFiniteOG

Postby BMXler » Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:35 pm

Alright that sounds good
BMXler

Postby deFiniteOG » Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:30 am

CMcKnight wrote:Anyone know who is building these apps? Ever seen them ride? Just wondering if they are real riders.

C.

Are you joking? Jeff Hooper is taking you to school son.

If you want to know if we are "real" riders, when was the last time you were invited to the Xgames? Then showed up 15 minutes late for your run because Tony Hawk's mom was telling you how "skilled" you are and wanted to kick it for a minute? I'll show up late for my stupid Disney/ABC/ESPN TV show to kick it with Hawk's mother, do your research before you call something...especially if you wanna be down with us and the people that created and run this stuff-
deFiniteOG

Postby deFiniteOG » Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:32 am

deFiniteOG-
deFiniteOG

Postby ebonyprophessa » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:40 pm

deFiniteOG wrote:
CMcKnight wrote:Anyone know who is building these apps? Ever seen them ride? Just wondering if they are real riders.

C.

Are you joking? Jeff Hooper is taking you to school son.

If you want to know if we are "real" riders, when was the last time you were invited to the Xgames? Then showed up 15 minutes late for your run because Tony Hawk's mom was telling you how "skilled" you are and wanted to kick it for a minute? I'll show up late for my stupid Disney/ABC/ESPN TV show to kick it with Hawk's mother, do your research before you call something...especially if you wanna be down with us and the people that created and run this stuff-

Cool it holmes, he had a legit question, show us YOUR research and proof that you were involved if you wanna silence the naysayers...you think a person who HAS been in the x games would be using a how to app in the first place? That's some bull****.

To your credit though, when he asked "ever seen them ride?", it's kind of obvious, the freaking app shows the riding and the dude narrating it, I don't think y'all could just take someone else's footy and use it, am i right?

but at the end of the day though...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sONfxPCTU0

better believe i quote him cuz i'm ebony, but it's also true.

on a side note, y'all need to allow youtube video embedding on here.
ebonyprophessa

Next

Return to Ride Like a Man